Online Gamer, Basketball Player, Mountaineer, Recreational Runner, Blogger, Weekend Warrior
Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Running Dead - A Race to Stay Alive

April 21, 2012
Accomplices: Printipe Raymund, Danreil Noel and Grace Silva,
Venue: The Palms Country Club, Filinvest Alabang, Muntinlupa

Birthday Run. Gift to self. Wish granted.

Last March 28, 2012, I published a blog entry hoping that someone would join running with me on my birthday. Wish granted. Not only a "someone" joined me but two running buddies and meeting a friend I met in Xterra Pang Rave Run 2012? I just knew that I will be running with friends a little less than a few hours before gun start. It was a blessing

We were in the venue a little over an hour before gun start so there was a lot of time to prepare. And a lot of time to take some pictures as well! Here are some pictures at the briefing and dinner area - Life Belt claiming tent, loot bags behind and hydration:




A few more minutes and the "zombies" came out - picture taking time once more! At that moment, the participants are very excited.





After a few photo-ops with the zombies, the briefing came next. At this time ALL participants were invited at the dining area to listen with some rules and regulations.





After the briefing, participants are sent to the starting line in four waves. I was lucky to be part of the second wave. That would mean enough daylight left when I finish this course. The waves will be released beginning at 5:00 pm with 10 minute intervals. Similar to my time in Xterra Pang Rave Run 2012, I am expecting to finish in one hour or less.

Some photos at the starting line with one tri-athlete zombie wandering around and having photo-ops just before gun start:






Not much pictures after we were released. Here are some I took. Took a few because I wanted to finish the race as early as I can and enjoy dinner (eat all you can) buffet with friends.





In less than an hour, I finished the course. Went to the "finisher" shirt tent then straight away to the buffet table with my loot bag.
 
Official Result (link here):
Overall 5k
Bib#: 335
Rank: 128
Time: 00:54:31
Pace: 0:10:54 min/km

The reward for finishing this race (aside from the finisher shirt) is the buffet dinner for the participants. Here is what I had for my Birthday Dinner - Fried Rice, Roasted Potatoes, Vegetables, Squid, Sausages, Chicken, Barbequed Pork-chops and Lasagna, so much for diet but who cares for tonight? It's my birthday anyway!




Here is the finisher shirt I got, picture taken at home after the run :)

 
Running for Love ♥

No comments:

Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Online Gamer, Basketball Player, Mountaineer, Recreational Runner, Blogger, Comedian, Weekend Warrior, part-time TriAthlete (Kain, Tulog, Gala)