Online Gamer, Basketball Player, Mountaineer, Recreational Runner, Blogger, Weekend Warrior
Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 13, 2010

Letter to Claire


I had the chance to finally see the movie Letters to Juliet and I found it boring during the first few minutes of the movie but after that "boring" sequence, I was engaged throughout. Anyway, I was sold to the movie's tag-line: "What if you had a second chance to find true love?" and "The greatest love story ever told... is your own" and that was it! I decided to see the movie any way possible.

The plot of the movie is: An American girl, Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) on vacation in Italy finds an unanswered "letter to Juliet" -- one of thousands of missives left at the fictional lover's Verona courtyard, which are typically answered by a the "secretaries of Juliet" -- and she answers the letter and when the recipient of the letter responded, she goes on a quest to find the lovers referenced in the letter. Source - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0892318/

To make the long story short, the lovers referenced in the letter found each other and decided to marry after 50 years and during the wedding, the scene when Claire (Vanessa Redgrave) red the letter Sophie (Amanda Seyfried) sent to her in response the her letter 50 years ago.


The content of the letter are as follows:
"What" and "If" two words as nonthreatening as words come. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: "What if?"...

"I don't know how your story ended. But I know that if what you felt then was love - true love - then it's never too late. If it was true then it why wouldn't it be true now? You need only the courage to follow your heart..."

"I don't know what a love like that feels like... a love to leave loved ones for, a love to cross oceans for... but I'd like to believe if I ever felt it. I'd have the courage to seize it. I hope you had the courage to seize it, Claire. And if you didn't, I hope one day that you will."
I was struck by the words "what" and "if" and made me think, the letter is right in some way and the phrase "If it was true then it why wouldn't it be true now?" I was inspired by those words that made me decide from this moment moving forward, I won't make the rest of my life more troubling by having "what if" thoughts and will take more risks rather that sitting there and playing safe.

I hope you see this movie too, it will make you believe in destiny (of some sorts, yes) and true love at its best.

Now back to the task at hand - finding my Juliet :p

Disclaimer: From an unforgettable wedding scene in the movie Letters To Juliet.
 

No comments:

Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Online Gamer, Basketball Player, Mountaineer, Recreational Runner, Blogger, Comedian, Weekend Warrior, part-time TriAthlete (Kain, Tulog, Gala)