Online Gamer, Basketball Player, Mountaineer, Recreational Runner, Blogger, Weekend Warrior
Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 24, 2012

Sennheiser Sports Sound Hero "The Interview"

September 22, 2012
Accomplice: John Paul Lipardo
Venue: Richmonde Hotel Ortigas

"Sennheiser Consumer Philippines is looking for a Sports Sound Hero to represent the Philippines in the Pursuit of Perfect Sound Campaign, which coincides with Sennheiser Asia’s 20th anniversary. A Sports Sound Hero must have a strong passion for music and uses the beat of music to drive his or her performance in the gym, in a race, or other sports activities. The chosen Sound Hero will be featured in the Sports Sound Hero Video and will win a free trip to Singapore with 5-star hotel accommodation and a free pass to the closed-door celebration event at Souk Singapore, one of the world’s top dance venues." - from Kikay Runner's blog post

I went for it. Just after reading the reward, I tried my luck and sent an entry. I was sold at the free trip to Singapore so I may have a chance to see my relatives who migrated there a few years back. Made a short composition, sent the entry and was surprised to see my name make it. This Facebook post was shared by a good friend and running buddy, John Paul Lipardo.

Before that, I almost missed out the final "casting" (Survivor?) for the top 10 when I missed the first call last Friday at around 5pm (I was in a "trance" after a long graveyard shift from work), as if all the right things would happen to me, I was able to drop a call and win back an interview slot (a Sun number appeared on my caller ID and I immediately called back, thanks to my Sun postpaid plan, I was able to dial in uninterrupted) {sobra na ang plugging ko sa SUN dapat may special discount na ako :D}, and that was it! I got the 10am to 11am interview slot (which I believe the last one considering how early the call time was).

I was fortunate enough to be accompanied by my good friend and to show his support for my bid to win the Sennheiser Sports Sound Hero title. We came in early. Had a quick exchange of stories with one of the Marketing Representatives, Errol who gladly offered us coffee while waiting for the interview to begin.

Here are some pictures we took while I was waiting for my interview.





The coffee table!

After a few moments, Mr. Steven Ang, from Sennheiser Philippines arrived and went straight down to business. After a brief explanation of what is going to happen over the next few minutes, the interview began. My interview lasted for no more than 5 minutes and I don't know if that would be a good or bad sign. Anyway, I got the PMX 680 Sports Headphones for my trouble that Saturday morning.


With Mr. Steven Ang who conducted the interview :)

Here is hoping for a positive result. Anyway, it was a valiant effort to come in the interview straight from the Friday graveyard shift and try to answer the questions the best way I can express myself :)

See you on the 30th for the Adidas King of the Road 2012. I will be running my favorite distance - 10 kilometers :)


No comments:

Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Online Gamer, Basketball Player, Mountaineer, Recreational Runner, Blogger, Comedian, Weekend Warrior, part-time TriAthlete (Kain, Tulog, Gala)