Online Gamer, Basketball Player, Mountaineer, Recreational Runner, Blogger, Weekend Warrior
Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 26, 2012

How I Spent My Long (Thanksgiving) Weekend

Thanksgiving, or Thanksgiving Day, is a holiday celebrated in the United States on the fourth Thursday in November.
- From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For employees like me who are working at an outsourcing company, the U.S. Holiday, Thanksgiving, is our only REAL "long" weekend (US holiday-wise, sans Vacation Leave, of course). Sure, there are other U.S. Holidays (which usually is being celebrated on Mondays) but this is different. Different in a sense that we (well, most of us) are actually off by Thursday and will return to work the following Monday. Most of my office mates went out of town and some out of country. I stay put and let the events unfold as my time off goes by.

Given this opportunity to actually go out and away from work (besides the usual running events and clinics that I have been regularly doing), I immediately grabbed every chance that came into may way this long weekend. So here is a review of what I went through this long weekend.

Friday, November 23, 2012:
Movie Time with a couple of running friends at Glorietta (Movie #1: Paranormal Activity 4) and at Greenbelt 3 (Movie #2: 24/7 In Love). The first movie was good, being familiar with the first three installments of the Paranormal Activity series, my expectations to be surprised while watching did not disappoint. It was also nice to hear other moviegoers inside the cinema scream (in harmony) in anticipation of what is going to happen next. After being surprised by Paranormal Activity, we grabbed some snacks and made a quick transition to the next movie.

Whats better than cheese? FIVE CHEESE!!! :)

Large cut fries with various dips? A wonderful movie experience =)

From Glorietta, we marched towards Greenbelt 3 for our next film. After the scare, it was a nice to see a feel-good movie. 24/7 In Love (Star Cinema's 20th Anniversary offering) is a film that makes us realize that love can take in any form and not always the romantic kind of some sort and we would never know how long we will stay here on earth so we should do what we always wanted to do and value the most important people in our lives. I am still wondering about the question that left me hanging that night - "What would you do if it was the end of the world?"

After seeing these films back to back, I got to register for a race on February 3, 2013 - The Condura Skyway Marathon. Thank you Yani and Cathy for a nice movie time and for accompanying me in my registration for next year's race. Catching a couple of movies was a nice way to start my weekend.

Getting the news that I won a consolation prize in a blogging contest and a pair of tickets from Brothers Burger for Exception Music Festival. I had to leave an announcement in my Facebook page to look for a companion for Saturday night's concert. Luckily, someone responded and it was all settled.

Saturday, November 24, 2012:
I didn't have any plans on this day other than to drop by at a nearby mall to window shop and maybe try a meal from a new restaurant. Everything changed with the recent winning of a pair of tickets for Exception Music Festival. Since someone agreed to join me, my afternoon was set.

The good news :)

The tickets for the event.

We were more concerned with the performers for the live stage. The other two were well, unfamiliar.
But it was a nice treat for a Saturday night though =)

Before enjoying the concert proper, I had a great time observing the side events happening at BGC Passionfest.



Seeing our local bands perform live really made my Saturday night. It was a nice feeling too to share this blessing with someone and actually made her happy in the process. It was great to be a blessing to another person.

Fooling around with the giant octopus :)

The best part of this was I finally got a chance to try to dine at Brothers Burger and enjoy the burger my office mates has been telling me about all along all these time. My Brothers burger experience was a delight. Thank you to Mheleth who joined me that night.

My first Brothers Burger experience was awesome!

Sunday, November 25, 2012:
After enjoying the festival, it was time to go out and run. I was registered for a 5k run with special tasks for Run BGC and had go leave after the event to catch up with my basketball game late in the morning.

HyperPeeps with Team Soleus at Run BGC.

After that, it was another quick trip at the mall to grab a couple of gifts for my nieces then took a late afternoon nap. I needed this rest badly as I was lacking sleep over the last two days because I had so much fun going out.

Well, it was a nice experience to go out the past days. I still wish I could have done more. So little time, so much to do. Anyways, the time I spent over this weekend was worth every second and I would not have done it differently. I like how things have happened and the variable changes that comes with it.

The weekend is over (too bad T_T). Now it's time to go back to business.

No comments:

Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Online Gamer, Basketball Player, Mountaineer, Recreational Runner, Blogger, Comedian, Weekend Warrior, part-time TriAthlete (Kain, Tulog, Gala)