Online Gamer, Basketball Player, Mountaineer, Recreational Runner, Blogger, Weekend Warrior
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer is over but the fun never stops

It the start of the school year and everyone was busy during the first couple of weeks of June. The next ten months will be gruelling for the students with all the lectures, assignments and projects but let's look back on my summer. To start off, there really is pretty nothing much special but my summer this year was different from the summer of the past couple of years. First off, by the start of March, I got enrolled in a gym just one floor below where I was working (I worked in Starmall Alabang for almost a year before moving back to the main site of AMDATEX, this first week of June) so working out made it more convenient. Before the month ended, we got an offer to enroll to Slimmer's World International, we grabbed that offer immediately as the payment is more convenient (salary deduction, I won't disclose the amount but if you are interested, just reach out) and a little cheaper than the previous gym we enrolled in, plus some freebies. I started my one year exclusive package last April 14, 2010 and was very impressed with their facilities, to add, it is also near my working place at a mall near Starmall (Festival Supermall) which I can reach through walking, and by walking to the gym, I instantly got a cardio for starters so when I get there, I just needed to do some stretching and hit the weights.

Within the month of April, I was also playing with my childhood friends in a basketball league held in a nearby subdivision in San Pedro, Laguna. I was happy to participate for this year as I missed the past 5 years due to, yes you guessed it right, WORK!!! So, given the opportunity, I immediately rejoined forces with my childhood friends and went to work right away, after all, all work and no play is pretty self explanatory. We didin't finish the elimination round the way we wanted but it pretty nice to work with them again, it's been a while since we did this and I am thankful for the opportunity. We didn't made the next round but definitely this is one best summer experience.






We did participate in another league mid-May but unfortunately, due to conflict in schedules and the impending rainy season, looks like the league may not push through the end. This time we moved past the eliminations and was waiting for an opponent in the semifinal round when all the unfortunate things happened, it was a short league as originally planned (impromptu, as we just wanted to utilize the new fiberglass board installed), but stuff happens beyond our control so we're still hoping.




Then came the annual sportsfest held in our company. As shown in previous blogs, yes, I was a fortunate employee to be chosen as one of the participants (for the 4th straight year) and play ball with colleagues. I got injured (same knee, yeah, disappointing) during one of our practice games and sat out for a month before resuming, missed a lot of gym time as well. Coming in opening day, I didn't know what to expect, just very happy to be a participant. Sportsfest is underway and expected to end by mid-July. I like our chances and even though I have minimal playing time, I don't care,  just came from that injury and was lucky the team didn't boot me out :P

This is what I looked like after getting injured, on the last week of April. I felt how unfortunate I am in this field but we do have ups and downs so I try to be optimistic all the time.

When everything is over, I am planning to have this knee on theraphy, continue working out and reduce my weight, and work hard to be better, not everyone gets this much basketball during the summer and beyond so I'm thankful that I'm blessed. Oh yeah, did I mention also that three new shoes came in the span of three months, that's much blessing anyone can have.





See how blessed I am talking about?

No comments:

Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Online Gamer, Basketball Player, Mountaineer, Recreational Runner, Blogger, Comedian, Weekend Warrior, part-time TriAthlete (Kain, Tulog, Gala)